Time is vastly approaching for the release of: “Not a Blueprint / It’s the Shoe Prints that Matter, A Journey Through Toxic Relationships.”
This book is scheduled to launch on Tuesday, April 5, 2016. And it’s launch event will take place on Saturday, April 9th, at the Sights and Sounds Museum, North DeKalb Mall, 2050 Lawrenceville Highway, Decatur, GA. Check out the invitation on my “News and Events”Menu page. All is welcome to attend!
Toxic relationships can damage us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spirituality. However, we can learn and grow from these experiences. In its raw form, this is a story of those lessons learned and the shoe prints left behind.
You may ask: What do you mean by toxic? Well, it’s simple definition reads: 1) Something or someone that is tainted, poisonous, or harmful in any form of life.
2) An act or behavior that is unhealthy, or so damaging it can kill you.
Check out these signs as it relates to tainted and/or damaging relationships:
SIGNS OF BEING TOXIC ─ PEOPLE
- OVERLY CONTROLLING
- THEY ARE JEALOUS
- LIARS: THEY LIE (TELLING SMALL OR LARGE ONES. IT DOESN’T MATTER)
- ABUSIVE: VERBAL AND PHYSICALLY
- THE VICTIM ROLE: ALWAYS ASKING OTHERS TO GIVE OF THEMSELVES
- BLOOD SUCKERS: WILL SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU
- ALWAYS NEGATIVE: NOTHING IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH
- EXTREMELY ARROGANT: EVERYBODY’S WRONG AND THEY’RE THE TYPE THAT KNOWS IT ALL
- MOVING AROUND/TRACK RECORD: ALWAYS A REASON WHY THE MOVE AROUND FROM PLACE TO PLACE
TOXICITY IN THE WORKPLACE
- BULLIES: ALWAYS TALKING DOWN TO OTHERS
- SELFISH: ALWAYS ABOUT SELF
- LIARS: DELIBERATELY MISLEAD AND TWIST INFO
- ALWAYS A VICTIM: ALWAYS BLAMING OTHERS, NOT SELF
- NEVER A KIND WORK ABOUT ONE OR ANYTHING/ALWAYS FINDING FAULT
- FULL OF DRAMA AND NEGATIVITY: LOVE PITY PARTIES NEVER LET GO
- CRUEL IN CHARACTER TO OTHERS: UNLESS IT SERVES THEIR WANTS
- BUSY BODIES: ALWAYS MINDING OTHER PEOPLE BUSINESS
- IN APPRECIATIVE: OF OTHERS NEEDS OR FEELINGS
- ALWAYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT: NEVER WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING